This listing is for (50) New Norma 9.3x62mm Mauser brass casings. This is not loaded ammo.
The 9.3x62mm Mauser is a rimless, bottlenecked rifle cartridge designed in 1905 by German gunmaker Otto Bock. It is known for its impressive power and accuracy, firing a 286 grain bullet at 2,350fps for just over 3,500 ft-lbs of energy. It has been used in hunting since its inception and is still popular today due to its versatility and effectiveness. The 9.3x62mm Mauser cartridge has the same 17˚-30' shoulder angle as the Springfield and a case head diameter of .470-inch vs. the .473-inch of the .30-'06 cartridge.
The 9.3x62mm Mauser is commonly used for big game hunting, such as deer, elk, bear, moose, and wild boar due to its impressive power and accuracy. It can also be used for small game hunting or target shooting with lighter loads. The 9.3x62mm Mauser is available in various rifles from manufacturers such as Husqvarna Commercial FN98 and Mauser M12 Pure. Ammunition for this caliber can be found from various brands such as Nosler Trophy Grade Ammunition which offers 250 Grain AccuBond Boxes of 20 rounds at $6.05 per round.
Overall, the 9.3x62mm Mauser is an excellent choice for any hunter looking for a powerful yet accurate rifle cartridge that can handle any type of game or target shooting situation they may encounter while out in the field or on the range.
NORMA BRASS KEY FEATURES:
- Neck – Annealed to achieve proper elasticity and prevent splitting, NORMA cases are then put through a final polish process to ensure superior appearance in addition to superior performance
- Shoulder – NORMA applies over a century of experience and proprietary tooling to ensure dimensionally perfect headspace
- Body – Laboratory Inspection ensures proper hardness over the length of the case; softer at the neck, getting progressively harder towards the case head.
- Tolerances – In-house tooling production allows NORMA to not only control tolerances of the finished product, but of the production tools and machines themselves. With tooling tolerances down to 7 thousands of a millimeter, NORMA is proud to have the tightest tolerances in the industry
- Flash Hole – Three quality control inspections for the flash hole ensure a perfect centered and burr free product. Benchrest quality in every case!
- Primer Pocket – Proper hardness of the primer pocket is critical to long case life. At NORMA, each production run is tested to a minimum of ten reloading cycles
I loaded this brass for a Husqvarna rifle. It chambered well until the last of the bolt closing when it became stiff to close. It fire formed well and would rechamber easily. I can see that the Norma unfired brass shoulders are not quite to chamber dimensions and would account for the stiff chambering. I tried to full length resize one before loading and it ended with a belt, like a belted magnum, which then would not enter the chamber. I will probably neck size these to avoid making a belt. Once loaded they fired fine.